I’m very proud to say that Well-Caffeinated Traveller has been nominated for the Liebster Award for new bloggers.
What is it?
The Liebster Award is a virtual award given to new bloggers by other bloggers. The award is a way for bloggers to welcome each other into the blogging community and recognize promising new blogs. It also helps other people discover interesting new blogs. Once nominated, a blogger is required to write a post in which they 1. thank the blogger for nominating them, 2. answer the 10 questions provided by the nominating blogger and 3. nominate 5-10 other new bloggers and provide a list of 10 questions for those nominees.
So, without further ado … THANK YOU SO MUCH to Hannah of Hannah the Traveller who nominated me for this award. Hannah is a super cool, almost-vegan, very active, musically inclined solo traveller who blogs about all things travel, fitness and music. She’s got great tips for staying active on vacation, what to snack on and what to wear, so head on over to her blog and check it out!
Here are my answers to her interesting and probing questions…..
1.What’s the first thing you do when you arrive somewhere new?
This may sound a little strange to some people, but my friends won’t find it odd at all. I’m a bit of a photography freak so I usually snap a few photos of it, whether it is a hotel room, a restaurant or a new city!
2. What’s the hardest thing about blogging?
Honestly, finding the time to sit down and write. I’m an adventurer by nature and want to be out there exploring and discovering new things all the time. I have to literally force myself to sit down and write a new blog post.
3. What’s the weirdest thing that has happened to you?
I always knew I was half Italian, a quarter French and a quarter English. However, I was always obsessed with my Italian side and never really asked about my French and English background. After living in Canada for almost 2 years, I finally decided to ask my mom where in France our ancestors were from. She looked at me and laughed and said “Quebec.”
4. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Hit snooze. Seriously.
5. What’s the last thing you do before you go to sleep?
Snuggle with my cats.
6. If you were an animal what would you be and why?
Oh gosh, I think I’d be a dolphin because I love to swim and can stay in the water for hours on end. I’m also very playful and (I think) fun!
7. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I’ve been reading other people’s travel blogs for so long and they’ve always inspired me to get out and see the world. I’ve been lucky enough to see some amazing places and I’ve learned so much about myself in the process. I want to inspire others to do the same and hopefully provide some helpful tips along the way!
8. If you had to dye your hair a different colour what would you pick?
Such a random question, but I’d choose blue. I’m not sure why, I just really like the colour blue!
9. What song best describes your blog? (Great question Becca!)
This is a great question. And until recently I would have had no idea how to answer it, but I recently did a solo road trip around Utah and heard the song “Road Less Travelled” by Lauren Alaina. The lyrics really struck a chord with me – no pun intended! The chorus goes: “Wear out your boots and kick up the gravel. Don’t be afraid, take the road less traveled on.” I feel like that was the theme of my road trip, but also my life – and now my blog!
10. What advice do you give to other bloggers?
Make sure you’re writing about something you love. Write from the heart. Keep it authentic. And don’t get discouraged. Blogging is hard, but always make sure you’re having fun!
Congratulations! My questions for you are:
- What is your dream job?
- What is the most amazing thing you’ve seen while travelling?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What keeps you up at night?
- What is your favourite travel-related book or movie?
- What is your favourite season?
- What is your least favourite part of travelling?
- If I gave you $1,000 how would you spend it?
- What is your favourite social media platform and why?
- What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?